There are a lot of things to tick off as you plan your wedding and if you have subscribed to our newsletter, you will be receiving a detailed, monthly wedding day countdown checklist to help you keep track of them all. Today we are going to look at just one of the areas you need to start planning for, as soon as you can after getting engaged; your venue. The ideal timeframe to start planning is 12 months out and that is where our countdown starts. This is a simple list of the essential things you need to be doing when it comes to booking your venue and coordinating with them ahead of the big day.
- It’s time to start your research. Read blogs, magazines and of course, ask your families and friends for their recommendations of venues they have liked.
- Start contacting venues for information packs. If you have a date in mind, ask them at this time if they are available.
- Draw up a list of possibilities and make appointments to view the venues armed with our Venue Checklist (yours free when you subscribe via the link above).
- Before attending the venue make sure you have a good idea of numbers, the style of wedding you want to have and of course, your date/s
- Compare venues taking into account your initial impression of the venue, how it works with your overall style, what’s included and what’s not and how you feel about things like the menu.
- Choose your venue, sign the contract and pay your deposit.
- It’s time to think about your styling for the big day. Arrange for your floist and stylist to visit the venue with you and draw up a list of hire items that will be needed in consultation with the venue.
- Once your RSVP’s are in its time to draw up your seating plan. Ask the venue for a floorplan to help with this.
- Start working on the timeline for the day.
- If you have an On the Day Coordinator, relax and enjoy the week. They will be liasing with the venue regarding all of the finer details. If you don’t make sure you speak to the venue at the start of the week and on the day before to confirm all details.
For help planning your wedding in New Zealand and Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Hobart, Perth and all surrounding areas around Australia, contact the I Do Crew.